Thread: Speed trap
View Single Post
Old 12 Jun 2004, 00:13 (Ref:1001242)   #19
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by falcemob
I can't see what you are all whinging about, if you are speeding in a 30mph road, then it's your own fault. Athough Mike29 didn't say what speed he was doing, I expect he wasn't hanging around. If the plod has had complaints then they have to do something, if it had just been a normal tug cos you were going a bit fast then I suspect it would have been a warning.
As for civilians operating the radar thingies, they ahve been doing this for years, I got pulled up for doing 38 mph in a 30 limit in 1973 and the radar unit was worked by civi's but the pold still had to pull me.
I agree, when u speed u are taking the law into ur own hands. If u get caught then fair enough, as I said before the cops are allowed to show a bit of discression and most to be honest with u wont pull u for doing 4 or 5mph over the speed limit.

Thats not to say I dont speed. I do, like we all do, just I've not been caught, yet. And I dont do silly speeds either, its worth noting for anyone who dosent know that in the UK if ur doing 30mph more than any set speed limit then u get a instant ban, so something to bear in mind...