View Single Post
Old 3 Aug 2004, 08:51 (Ref:1054795)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by cybersdorf
This is 2 door fast car. Therefore it is 2 door car for Le Mans. GT/TC/Sedan/whatever distinction is 2 door bull - IMHO. They are performance cars, let them perform. I don't care how many doors or what body shape.

The one car I don't want to see in road car based endurance racing (prototypes are different) is the Unhomologated Loophole Special that wipes the floor with the competition, and encourages other manufacturers to build illegal cars. So in this respect, the BMW scenario was a victory for the rulemakers over the manufacturers. BMW just went that one step too far.

BMW apparently did not think they could/should sell the GTR as a road car (they certainly never intended to sell any in the first place); if they are smart they will put the new coupé through the proper homologation process. Personally, I believe they have learned their lesson now. And I don't see the ACO turning that car away as "not in the spirit because it's just a 2 door shopping cart".
Your opinion Cy. As always, you're entitled to it like anyone else.

That includes me too. I do care about doors and body shape. My approach is probably rather less considered than most, I accept, but there are plenty who, like me, do not consider this car to be a GT car.