View Single Post
Old 11 Aug 2004, 06:58 (Ref:1062784)   #73
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The answer; You've got too much to lose from not being part of the show. If you can't do the old "win on sunday, sell on monday" you've got to go with the "be like mike" and buy a few personalities (Lowndes & Ingall.. Both pretty handy drivers, but both very very marketable personalities).

My partner like Lowndes because "he's always smiley" the guy in the office next to mine likes HRT because "Fords suck". A very small sample, but I think a pretty indicative look at the vast majority of V8 'fans'.

Yes, you still need entertainment, you still need a fight for the championship, but you need to make the 'fan' feel 'safe' in there choice of favorite team (and yes the average 'fan' is that naive, next round listen to commentry, ground announcer or TV will do. Listen closely, who are they talking to? Are they talking to the trainspotter, or average joe punter who's wondering what a flat spot is.