View Single Post
Old 22 Sep 2004, 19:30 (Ref:1104149)   #6
Bobie
Racer

Bobie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After Superfund released their plans yesterday I can't wait to see what GP2 have planned. Then all the gossip will start about which teams and drivers are going to GP2 and which will go to Superfund which at the moment I think has the edge as regards to package, value and TV.

Next season, there will be a total of $1 million prize money to race for with $100,000 at stake each race weekend.

In a change to the current weekend schedule, there will be a new format for Qualifying. The top seven drivers from Saturday’s fifty minute session will race in reverse order for one lap during the Sunday morning Warm Up to determine pole position. Each race will start at 15:30 on Sunday afternoon over a distance of 200km or 150km for street races.

Friday: Free Practice (45 mins)
Free Practice (45 mins)
Saturday: Free Practice (30 minutes)
Qualifying (50 minutes) with 2 new sets of tyres
Sunday: Warm Up (15 minutes)
Race
Their goal for the new season is to bring the series to the public by creating an exciting and interactive entertainment package for the fans. They will be the main event of the weekend with all our cars using the pits but there will also be support series, truck demonstrations, celebrity races and around-the-clock music to create a fun-filled, all-encompassing speed weekend for the spectators. The new Qualifying format will mean even more on-track excitement with a dynamic Warm Up session building up to the race on Sunday. With race-by-race action being broadcast live in 15 countries around the world and over 500 hours of global television coverage, we aim to bring the 2005 series directly to the public both at the race weekend and also in their own homes.

Sounds good to me, now lets see what GP2 have to say!