View Single Post
Old 22 Sep 2004, 20:10 (Ref:1104212)   #8
Bobie
Racer

Bobie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Being under the nose of F1 did not fo International F3000 much good albeit some godo drivers have come from there bit as a series it was a bag of ****! (Pardon my french)

Single Seaters is an expensive sport as we all know and unless you are wealthy you need backing, to get backing you need a good series with good sponsors benefits and to me the Superfund series is hitting the right button for drivers to get sponsors whether it is under the nose of F1 or not.

F1 Team owners will not just look at GP2 for their drivers they look everywhere (Kimi was in FRenualt and he got a drive)Therefore the Superfund series is as good as any to get noticed as winning a championship is winning a championship.

My point is that for drivers and the sport to keep going it needs sponsors and it needs TV coverage for the fans and that is what Superfund has aimed at, yes it all PR and press releases at the moment but the same will be with GP2.

We will only know which is the best in 12 months time when the 1st season has ended.