View Single Post
Old 24 Nov 2004, 18:25 (Ref:1163015)   #7
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well considering im the biggest carroll nut on the board some may find it strange that i would vote piquet ahead of adam but honestly, budget aside and everything, i think piquet showed he was number one.
in a season that i consider to be the best f3 grid, driver talent wise (bf3 i mean), piquet won the title very convincingly. sure, rossiter, whilst having arguably the best car (i say arguably because his teammate didnt seem to be up to much) was still a catagory rookie and carrolls early season spoilt it. and there was even a stage in the season despite being top of the table, carroll wasnt even sure he would be on the grid for the next race. but piquet had his fair share too. piquet may have had more stability but boy when you look at those end results and also take into consideration that he also had his off moments, its a pretty brilliant performance. as for the other f3 series, well mercedes + money = guaranteed success which is why, although i rate the likes of jamie green, lewis hamilton etc etc very highly, i wouldnt have them touch the top 3 elsewhere.

1- piquet. he still has off days but thats just like critising a rookie for making a rookie error. he is a teenager in a strange country, leave it.
2- carroll. i think his final placings are an injustice to his talent. i really think carroll performed brilliantly over the course of the season. and 90% of his bad luck wasnt his fault.
3- rossiter. i always knew he would do well. i think he was the most consistant driver in bf3
4- green. he wouldnt have been so dominant if he was sat back in his carlin driving round snetterton and the like. or p1, or piquet sports. 4th on my list doesnt mean he is **** though!
5- hamilton. he is very focussed and stuff. good on street tracks and doesnt crack under pressure like his fellow teen- piquet
6- di grassi. cant wait to see this chap grow up. and in a reversal of my jealousy of well budgeted drivers, aslong as he has those renault overalls, i will get to see him grow up. i thought dirani would have beaten him like in sudam.
7- danny watts. i think the lola dome at the start of 2004 was 20 times better than it was at the start of 2003 and therefore you cant really say that he was in an underpowered machine without taking into consideration that he was in the best one, but that aside i think he did himself many favours this year. he looks an allround great bloke and he can drive too.
8- nico rosberg. did better than i expected him to do this year. i think he deserves his place in the top ten
9- nic lapierre. drove well all year. did his best. i think he is a solid talent better than many of his rivals
10- alex premat. wouldnt have been on the radar if it wasnt for his blue ribband appeal. i mean come on, jamie green is a great driver but you have to do better than that. but this is a top ten and therefore i reckon he is the 10th best driver in a great year of f3 talent so obviously the big events. elsewhere he was solid in his f3 ferrari.

didnt watch any other f3 series this year. de olivera should have walked to the japanese title if people think he is that good.