View Single Post
Old 24 Nov 2004, 20:45 (Ref:1163160)   #12
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The track-side promo stuff is probably where they got alot of the increase, and there is nothing wrong with that, but there did seem to be many more commercials that were IRL ralated this season than last. Many of those commercials were very good, and very professional.

I don't really think that Toyota suffered nearly as much as Chevy, because they had some very good commercials on this year, such as "grammy don't race", which was hysterical. Their commercials made you feel as though Toyota was always hard at work, and that it would eventually pay off, as opposed to Chevy, which did zero advertising or promotion for the series anywhere. Pretty pathetic, and they paid the price, as the fans had little respect left for them. Win or lose, good advertising can work for you.

NASCAR is the series to watch for cross promotion though. You can't turn around without someone, hawking a NASCAR sponsors product. The IRL, and alot of other series would do well to emulate them!

Danica Patrick