View Single Post
Old 17 Jul 2001, 05:44 (Ref:118123)   #45
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I haven't posted here in sometime(because I haven't had the time), but I feel like this is an apropriate place to add my 2 cents.

I don't have any problem with driver bashing(even if it's a driver I support), and if it does bother me because I feel like the posters aren't being objective with what ther are saying, I simply don't get involved. Expressing your opinions, whether for or against any driver in particular is what these forums are for. Something however that I do dislike is when certain people, who dislike a driver, will resort to bashing that drivers fans, and that really annoys me. Recently I got sucked into this really petty and childish argument regarding this topic that I probably should have avoided(but that's a different story alltogether).

So in retrospect I think that those apposed to driver bashing should just lighten up a bit.
I think it's the people who cannot accept a difference of opinion that really irritates me. Like, for instance if someone thinks that TGF is God, or that there is absolutely nothing wrong with his driving tactics on the track then that person needs to realise that not EVERYBODY has to agree with them.

It annoys me and frustrates me the way some people on this forum(not mentioning any names) get very obnoxious and self rightheous whenever anyone has anything bad to say about TGF. Then afterwards they hide behind the "I'm attacking your opinions, not you" routine, which is complete rubish.

I'm sorry if this seems that I'm straying away from the original topic of this thread but I needed to let off my frustrations towards the attitudes that certain people have which is, "Anybody that doesn't think TGF is the most brilliant driver in the world, or anybody that see's something wrong with his tactics is a moron". There has been a lot of that going on lately and these are the people that really need to clean up their acts. And because of this my opinion of ten-tenths has decreased somewhat from when I first joined it.