View Single Post
Old 6 Jan 2005, 11:31 (Ref:1194413)   #22
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
mac - you are going a bit far with my post. I am not saying that Jourdain is a stellar talent, not that those you mentioned are soon to sign either.

Facts are facts though. Most of the best young talent in open wheel (and I include USAC sprints, 3/4 midgets etc here) is going to NASCAR. Tim Richmond (former Rookie of the Year at The 500), Jeff Gordon, and a number of brighter and lesser lights have made their way to NASCAR and will continue to do so.

The reality is here that the best drivers will go where the drives are. NASCAR has the largest number of hassle-free (by that I mean the driver doesn't have to bring $$) in North America. That pool of drivers will allow them to expand their market to the detriment of the IRL and OWRS.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.