View Single Post
Old 1 Feb 2005, 16:40 (Ref:1214752)   #4
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's a tough call. RuSport defied all expectations last year, will they make a big jump forward in performance? If so they have a chance against NH. Look at teams like Herdez, Rocketsports and PKV. In 2003 they were pretty competitive and I think a lot of people were expecting them to perform at the top in 2004. That didn't really happen. I mention that as a suggestion that it may not be easy to advance a team's standing.

One thing that goes in everyone's favor is that there should be broader based competition to NH. Even if NH is always at the top, if each weekend a couple of drivers have "surprised" performances, it could mean that they are competition to NH that weekend. I think there's reason to suspect all the teams of this, with the possible exceptions of Conquest, Walker and Coyne. Even among those teams there are possibilities. Last year we saw Wilson up front a couple of times, Walker has a good history and they were pretty successful with Manning in 2003 and obviously Servia had some good showings last year.