View Single Post
Old 1 Feb 2005, 17:41 (Ref:1214785)   #5
jjspierx
Veteran

United States
Oregon, USA
jjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snrub
It's a tough call. RuSport defied all expectations last year, will they make a big jump forward in performance? If so they have a chance against NH. Look at teams like Herdez, Rocketsports and PKV. In 2003 they were pretty competitive and I think a lot of people were expecting them to perform at the top in 2004. That didn't really happen. I mention that as a suggestion that it may not be easy to advance a team's standing.
Hmmm...I never thought any of those teams would perform at the top in 2004.

I do think that Rusport will be a formidable opponent this year though. Both of their drivers now know all the tracks, and Rusport is prepared to run 2 cars from the start, not as a last minute thing like last year. I think Allmendinger suffered a bit last year having a teammate added at the last minute. Also, I don't know the actual budgets betweeen NHR and Rusport, but I would doubt that there is a big difference. Carl Russo is a VERY successful man.