View Single Post
Old 18 Feb 2005, 19:54 (Ref:1229640)   #33
schomosport
Racer

schomosport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hey presto, the mono cars we always wanted to drive![/QUOTE]

Who are the we???? Sorry, I like mono the way it is and quite frankly I don't want to have to run throttle bodies, re-jig the car to a lower ride height for which the car was never designed or try to compete agains 5 year old carbon F3 cars. Go that route with mono and many of the participants will simply drop out 'cos they can't afford to play. Average number of starters for the 2000 Mono class in 2004 was 21. Seems to me that indicates most mono participants are pretty much happy with the technical regs. as is else otherwise they would be doing something else. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

And long live ARP F3. Proper F3 cars running at the proper height. Not for me but loss of a place for these cars to run would be a loss to UK motorsport as a whole. Bet all these guys would really love to have to compete against a bunch of stock engines making as much power on throttle bodies as their F3 engines.

Sorry, I'm ranting but these by and large successful two race series are important to lots of people. So why do we keep getting this minority who want the rules changed just so they can run their pet idea?