View Single Post
Old 22 Feb 2005, 21:41 (Ref:1232835)   #24
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
OK, If your looking for a house to move into, you don't just look at the building, you look at the entire surrounding area. If you don't like motorsports, or don't like the noise it generates, then you DON'T move to a house that's right next to a circuit! It must have taken some pretty inconsiderate people in the first place to even move there. Motorsport generates noise, you just have to switch it onto the TV to find that out.

I am more than aware that I am talking from a biast point of view. For me, the louder the motorsport, the better. I was devastated when the now-called GT1 class was ditched in 2003 and a silent cup class (now GT3) introduced. But if I don't like something or the noise it makes, I wouldn't even think of going to live right next to it. For example, I hate football, so the last thing I'd ever do is move next to a football stadium.

It's not the fault of Castle Combe circuit, it's been there for years (admittedly I've not attended), people looking into the area are surely going to be made aware of it's existance, particularly when your going to live right next to it. They already have some form of noise rules around, so it's not like they haven't met their side of the bargain (although the 360 GTC's and Morgan did make a lot of noise in the F3/GT meetings).

I think if you don't want the noise, then don't go and live there. Only exception to that is where you've been there longer than the circuit has. Considering it's been there since 1950, chances are not many are likely to have been there that long...