View Single Post
Old 3 Mar 2005, 14:30 (Ref:1241206)   #4
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There are a few.

Above all, Bentley. It's my middle name. No, really it is - Bentley was my mother's maiden name, and she was an only child so they gave it me to keep the name in the family. Not yet found out whether I'm actually related to Walter Owen, but the tie is there nonetheless and I've always loved Bentley motor cars. I'll own one some day soon, when I have a big enough garage!

Second, Subaru. I was a fan of Colin McRae back at the beginning of the nineties when he rallied a Subaru Legacy for Prodrive, and Subaru quickly found the place in my heart left vacant by the demise of the glorious Group B Audi Quattros. Always been a Subaru fan in rallying since, and have had 5 Subaru road cars to date! They're great driver's cars, and none of those 5 have ever needed a visit back to the dealer outside normal servicing - that's the kind of reliability you couldn't hope for in a German car these days, let alone a British one...

Finally, Ferrari. I don't particularly like their current road cars that much, but I fell for the unique aura that surrounds the Prancing Horse in terms of racing heritage, and I've always been a Ferrari fan in F1 - a period of far more frustrating mediocrity than glorious domination I might add!