View Single Post
Old 7 Mar 2005, 09:13 (Ref:1245336)   #24
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Where do you place Williams?

For the great majority of pre-season I too had RBR down as going to suck, but then near the start of the season PH/FW started talking in glowing terms about RBR for the initial rounds. That got me wavering and uncertain, for one can never be too sure how much is genuine thoughts and how much playing games. Williams tend to tell it like it is however, so come the race weekend I was expecting them to do a fair bit better than I had initially thought.

Given that I had been thinking they would be rather dire, I was newly pondering more midfield (12th-ish) than what they produced. There were intervening factors though in Australia, and in races to come it would seem likely that they will be more likely top-end midfield knocking on the door of low-end points.

All credit to DC, he did a remarkably good job. I was not expecting quite so determined a showing. It was only one race though, and somewhat opportunistic at that, so time will tell.

Ford must be rather frustrated.......

Last edited by Dutton; 7 Mar 2005 at 09:17.