View Single Post
Old 10 Mar 2005, 07:28 (Ref:1248334)   #1
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
The Schedule: A Rant

Pretty frustrating.

That's what I'd call the ChampCar schedule. Everybody else is racing, and we don't even know who's driving.

Perhaps it's a catch-22. Perhaps they need to start late, in order to get all their ducks in a row. But nobody's gonna argue that CC needs more of the "limelight" in order to grow the fanbase, and it's all being stolen away right now. It was the exact-same situation last year. Chris Pook said that fixing these long gaps would be on the 2005 agenda, but that was almost exactly a year ago now that he said that. Obviously there have been a few other important matters to tend to, but I see this one as being rather tantamount in itself.

I'll allow them this one more "grace" year. But come 2006, I really don't want to have to wait this long for the opener.

Actually, I could live with that. It's the SIX-week gap between Rounds 1 & 2 that peeves me. Compared to when the other major series begin their seasons, they'd have been racing for nearly three months before we'll get to Round 2!

Chris Pook also spoke of trying to schedule races on a two-week gap, just as F1 does. That would be ideal, IMO.

(Well actually, racing three-times-a-week, year-round would be "ideal")

[/rant]