View Single Post
Old 5 Aug 2001, 23:25 (Ref:126340)   #14
FordPrefect
Rookie

FordPrefect should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Joe a friend at work bought one, he loves it, no regrets. I've driven it and have been a passenger as well, here are my thoughts.

1. I like the styling, it may be my age, or the fact that it doesn't look like all the cookie cutter cars out there. Retro Rules.

2. Back seat, I've got a different opinion, I found the room very acceptable considering what you get in most affordable cars these days. If memory is correct the back seets are a little higher allowing for good forward visibility.

3. Fun to drive and to be driven in. Great lines and probably a ball to wash and wax. I realize looks are very subjective but look at it this way ...it's NOT a van It is narrower inside than what you would expect but that feeling quickly disappears.

4. My only advice is to wait until the V6 comes out next (or this?) year. Unless you do a lot of urban driving in which case the four is ok.

5. From what I have heard there is a BIG performance difference between the auto and the standard. I'd recommend the standard, more pep and more fun.

6. The only thing I would add would be to get a small set of blue dots, drill out the taillights and epoxy them in :lol:

7. Did I mention fun?

FP