View Single Post
Old 19 Apr 2005, 19:31 (Ref:1282391)   #28
Alan Cherry
Veteran

England
Alan Cherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
I will add to this and this is another thing that bugs me. You get for example the BARC running the meeting so you have to be a member of that, then say you want to run in a CTCRC race you then have to take a membership out there, fancy having a go in another couple of different disiplines, you have to join all the reletive clubs there as well, more membership fees. Just maybe Mr. Palmer has realised that all is not good in the club system as is and just prehaps something good may well come from this.
Al,
I'm running in the BARC TRC series, and I'm not a member of BARC, and on the entry forms it tells you that you don't need to be. I'm probably one of the more financially challenged runners out there, but at todays prices, I think that the series is bloody good value - you get two races for that. The recent sprint at Brands was £139 for a couple of laps, and even with a full entry for the sprint, I doubt if it covered the circuits hire fees ( I know it didn't ) Unless we can attract hot rod / lower league football match size gates, we're going to be the only ones paying the upkeep - either directy or through an independent organising club.