View Single Post
Old 28 Apr 2005, 21:01 (Ref:1289680)   #27
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
As I understand the web site www.riogp.com.br there are two layouts: the Permanent circuit, with 3.1 kms (very short but ok for non-F1 events) and the Grand-Prix circuit, with 4.8 kms have a normal F1 length. So I assume the circuit integrity will be preserved (in size).

I think they will use the GP circuit for some major events (maybe it's wishful thinking). I'm not particularly fond of the current Interlagos (I liked the looong old one!) so I would not care if they change GP Brasil to Rio

I think the larger layout is actually not bad at all (IMHO), I like the two long radius coners. I see it with a good flow, particularly if they choose using the curvone at the end of the nice long straight.

I would be tempted to say this new layout (essentially redoing the first half of the lap) is better than the older... and this is a statement that I rarely have done in any circuit before!