View Single Post
Old 29 Apr 2005, 00:01 (Ref:1289768)   #5
11tenths
Rookie

United States
San Francisco, California
11tenths should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for all the heads up - Here's what I learned from my recent experience buying tickets for the 2005 Monaco GP:

1) All sites selling tickets will describe where the section is you are purchasing tickets along the circuit, however, within some sections seats may be assigned with a seat number. I could not find a guide as to how each section is lettered/numbered.

2) The price delta for tickets within the same section (but different seats within that section, I assume) on different websites was indescribably large - over 100 Euros in some cases, with the acm.mc website offering tickets at face value. Why you would pay one site extra $$ for a ticket within the same section isn't clear when really you've no clue where the seats are within a section. That seems a bit optimistic in terms of pricing. There could be a Grand Prix awarded after the race for highest price paid for a ticket above face value, in which case I must remember to bring the yacht next time and heli into town! Right!

3) As of yesterday, I didn't find it too terribly difficult to purchase my tickets once I realized that the available tickets on the acm.mc website updated periodically for some reason - you could do a search then and find different seats on different attempts at looking up your desired section.

4) Finding two seats together in K7 was difficult!