View Single Post
Old 16 Jun 2005, 17:42 (Ref:1330655)   #17
gfm
Veteran

gfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry, but I'm not very good at the technical history side of things - the ATS team Lolas of 74/5 seemed to get a lot of development, certainly a big budget team, works motors and stuff. The cars appeared well modified and had a very big wide body (nose & side pods) convertions though I don't know who did it. Maybe Lolas even. Quite useful for moving you out the way, sideways! My Lola in 76 stayed normal bodied.
The first year I did SVW 73, they were Kaimanns - maybe Austro-Kaimanns were F Vee cars from previous years. Another multi-car team. I didn't think they were that good (space frame chassis) but had good pedlers with budgets for works motors agian.
I remember there being a Horag, but it was a mid-field thing. Horag Holtz?
I ended up with quite a number of snaps but didn't record stuff as I should have. Which was a shame because we witnessed some truely unique cars/drivers/events supporting the mainliner meetings as we did. VW got us into some decent venues.
Ronnie Grant would be a very grand old chap now if he's still about. Quite how he got his nose in a full face, I don't know. Clapham based wasn't he, close by an alley/arches place with Ray and one or two others in there? Incestuous bunch. I remember admiring Richard Scotts Head cars too. Nice guy Richard. Wasn't his F2 car called a Scott?
(Go to G-Force direct on the web. Yes they have some old photos on their office wall which may include that '934')