Old 17 Jul 2005, 22:04 (Ref:1357457)   #5
Magnet
Racer

Ireland
Anglesey, North Wales
Magnet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Sowman
Perhaps the problem was that there was just not enough scheduled for that particular meeting and therefore everything *could* be a bit too spread out. At the equivalent meeting last year the finishes were early and the days not full - if the organisers could not afford the luxury of dead time, they wouldn't!
I know we had a very disjointed meeting today but I think that it is still a very difficult task to put together a programme with our good friends in the Legends as top of the bill. They are if nothing else entertaining and thoroughly committed to winning. We must appreciate this and be a little tolerant of the fact that in giving of their all they do have more than their share of incidents and ensueing Red Flags, recoveries etc. If the organizers had put an even bigger programme together and had started to have to trim laps or races I suspect we would have heard moans and groans about that as well. Our post just took in the scenery and some (nice one Mike!) had a kip on the Rectocel. but most of all we enjoyed ourselves and isn't that what it's all about. Well done again to the guys behind the wheels for the fantastic entertainment and a big thanks to my team on Post 7 for the effort in the heat of the Anglesey sunshine! As for the problem where we had to break for 1 hour due to the chapel service, well I live locally and I hadn't heard anything about it and I know for a fact that the circuit hadn't been informed and certainly the BARC cannot be blamed for something which they knew nothing about and what was beyond their control. It is seemingly built into the rules of the circuit being able to operate that they allow this service to take place. Great weekend nevertheless.