View Single Post
Old 18 Jul 2005, 09:47 (Ref:1357628)   #9
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
To an extent, I have to agree with Mark - if it hadn't have been Legends I would have expected many more complaints, as the racing wouldn't have made up for the lengthy pauses (as it was though, they more than did! ).
That said, especially on Saturday when most people weren't leaving the circuit, there was plenty of time not to need to rush, and therefore there wasn't a problem in giving the drivers time to change engines etc. The only gap that I felt was uneccessary was such a long pause between practice and race - certainly that could have been reduced and nothing would have suffered as a result.

I would though certainly have liked one other race supporting the legends. It was clear from the outset there would have been time for another race (last year we finished early with 3 support races, and only gained one Legend (so short) race this year in exchange!). If it was fit in between a Scottish and National race it wouldn't have added much time at all due to those racing in both series. 2CVs anyone?

All in all though, I still left the weekend having enjoyed it immensely- thanks to BARC for providing water to us on post in the hot weather; to all the drivers for ensuring there wasn't one bad race; and to everyone on Post 6 for the company. Looking forward to next year's meeting already