Old 15 Aug 2005, 16:56 (Ref:1382911)   #14
richard_sykes
Racer

Wales
Wales, Uk
richard_sykes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiteful
A little OT, but the roads around Spa and the Nürburgring are marvellous. All very fast, long, rising and falling sweepers. No wonder they built race circuits there. Not exactly without danger ofcourse. You can drive around the pre 197? Spa gp circuit and see for yourself how insane it was. The road after the banking near Stavelot up to where it joins the modern circuit is very much out of shape tho.
From there you could drive to Eupen, cross the German border on the worst stretch of 90 kph road in the civilised world and continue to the 'ring, first through some twisty mountain roads (especially entertaining in the wet ), then as you near the 'ring endless high-speed roads curving through the hills and forest. All the way from Spa to the eiffel circuit you'll notice an unusual concentration of automotive exotica. Now you've come this far, you MUST buy a ticket and drive around the Nordschleife, you will love it and you will go there again. Try not to let the miles and miles of frustrating Belgian freeway spoil your day... I almost got killed on the way back from my first trip to the 'ring.

Everyone I know thats done "the lap" has said the same.