View Single Post
Old 2 Sep 2005, 00:55 (Ref:1396921)   #9
awegrzyn
Racer

awegrzyn has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Jag,

You're for sure not the only one. I typed a sentence or two here regarding the state of ALMS. Right a way ALMS staff send me few emails to my personal email box regarding my opinions. I have been a true fan of ALMS way before those "pumpers" started working for the series, so I have a right to express my opinions here in the way I desire. Anyway, you're correct they need to do something, and for the start this is what they have to do:

Stop pumping the series with fake positive information. This leads to financial losses by investors. Instead show us positive facts, for example: new entries, larger grids, factory commitment. I'm tired of hearing "The series is growing" for 7 years now. Tired of hearing "if I only could tell you who is coming next year" and things along these lines. The fact is that no one is coming and the series is not growing, the teams are leaving and the series is going South.

Do not get me wrong I love ALMS for it's type of racing and cars. It is my favorite series. I go every year to see the races even if I have to drive 10 hours to see a race. The problem sits at the base of the equation. If we like it or not, we are tied to the ACO.
We are trying to make everybody happy, be able to comply with "Le Mans" regulations and still keep maximum number of cars running. There are regulation changes every year. Where ever there are changes, there are costs. Sports car racing at that level is very expensive when you compare the costs to the returns that you get from few people following this kind of racing. It's by no means moneyland.

I admire current teams that managed to hang on till now. They are very successful and should be able to hang on longer. Not everything is negative. ALMS TV coverage is great. Cars are beautiful and the random chicks at random events catch up for the lack of cars.

I wish them best, but they need help no doubt.

Andrzej