View Single Post
Old 5 Sep 2001, 08:07 (Ref:141590)   #8
mhope
Rookie

mhope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was the idiot in Parc Ferme after the race in Hungary.

Immediately before the race the zip on Justin's overalls broke and he had to put on a back-up uniform that had incorrect sponsors and logos. Chris Mower told me about the problem and we agreed with Justin that if he ended up on the podium, I would bring the correct overalls (with the zip somewhat repaired) to him and he could try to change prior to going onto the podium.

Of course, Justin won the race so I was waiting outside of the gate to the Parc Ferme to give him the overalls. I think that he forgot about the issue (since he had a few other things on his mind) and one of the FOM representatives said to me "Just go hand them to him." So, without thinking, I walked in and tried to hand them to him. Of course, Herbie Blash sent me packing before I had any success. As soon as I got back out of the gate the same FOM representative took them from me and left at a dead run to go into the FIA scruitineering bay to give them to Justin for me.

I apologised to Derek Mower afterwards since my actions could have caused serious problems, but, I think you can see from my story that my intentions were good.

As for the other inpolite comments made by Paddock Spy, I won't justify them with my thoughts.

Once again, my apologies to everyone concerned and I am glad that my actions did not cause any harm in the end.

Mark Hope
Managing Director
Downforce Management Ltd.