Maxmil
Veteran

United States
New England, USA
Maxmil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Latest F1 news

Quote:
Originally posted by Gerard
Williams team boss Frank Williams added: 'In my opinion the Grand Prix should happen. I have spoken about it with Ecclestone and he shares my opinion. Terrorism must not win.'

IMS president Tony George was quoted saying: 'We do not expect any change from the announced schedule.' In turn Bernie Ecclestone was quoted saying: 'We anticipate future events, including the US Grand Prix, will go ahead as scheduled.'

Minardi boss Paul Stoddart described the FIA's decision to go ahead with the race as 'totally irresponsible' and spokesperson for the team, Graham Jones relayed Stoddart's sentiments when he said: 'It is Paul's view that it would be totally irresponsible to hold the US Grand Prix
Thanks for this very informative and factual post Gerard.

As usual, Sir Frank Williams has taken the absolutely correct position, and it is extremely heartening to see that Bernie Ecclestone and Tony George are also of a mind to procede with the U.S. event. To the extent that we allow the terrorists to disrupt our normal lives, we play right into their hands, and encourage them to continue. I feel this is particularly important with respect to international events, including sporting events. I can understand Paul Stoddart's reservations if they are based on legitimate security concerns, but the race is still over two weeks away, and private and commercial air traffic is resuming here in the U.S. as I write. Barring any further incidents, I cannot see why the teams should not come here to compete. If individual teams with affected sponsors feel differently, I can respect that too.