View Single Post
Old 10 Nov 2005, 09:23 (Ref:1457028)   #59
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Bassom
Depends whether your turn in problem is caused but too much or too little camber.

Does the car fail to grip initially and then get better, or just understeer throughout the corner?
In theory my car should understeer on power (the diff fully locks on power) so I've tried to make it "pointy" to compensate. I's now neutral mid corner and is a joy on full power exit. I would have thought this would make turn-in great, but I have two probelms. First, at a hairpin, I can't get the front end to come across at all until I get off the brakes and get the car settled. As soon as it's moving I can add power and all gets back to normal. The second is that in the very high speed entry at the first corner at Snett, I get initial turn-in, but then the front end tends to wash wide and its all a bit of a balancing act until a bit of speed scrubs off. Although that might be just a property of that particular corner.

Any ideas?