View Single Post
Old 11 Nov 2005, 17:28 (Ref:1458320)   #36
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think the only form of motorsport not worth the asking price is Formula 1. I'm not sure what 30 or 40 euro's relates to because I only know British money, but I wouldn't think twice about parting with £30 for a whole day of motorsport. You pay at least £40 for a 90-minute football match, for which you have to sit down in one place the whole time. The LMES single day entrance fee of £15... you get an entire day, lasting from 8am until 10pm (was my first taste of racing into the night - an incredible experience! never understood the attraction until I saw it for myself), lots of different action, and you can walk about the whole place - paddock access was free. F1's an absolute rip-off, but I think motorsport in general has cheap asking prices.

But I agree that sportscars needs more promotion - spectator numbers do suffer. LMES advertising and promotion is laughable, it's terrible, truly awful.

Anyways, this is all highly off-topic, so think I've said all I need to on that one...