View Single Post
Old 23 Nov 2005, 11:23 (Ref:1468214)   #12
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well I would think that driving up values is the last thing we need. A Lotus Cortina is now so overpriced that mere mortals can't afford them anymore.

Certainly she runs good events but I am struggling with the overall concept. The series certainly doesn't reflect the period that the cars raced, yet Top Hat does. Then you look at where the races are aimed and perhaps there's some logic. Those with multi car transporters can arrive and race their sports protoypes and their LC/AR's on the same weekend.

As to the struggling FIA championship? The reputation has a lot to do with the originality of the cars. If that is the case how will people with later blocks in their under 2 litre cars be any different to those in the FIA championship? I ask this because the availablity of original Ford blocks is pretty low these days.

Don't get the wrong impression. I'm pleased you've found somewhere to cater for your desire to race these cars. I'm just unsure of the ability to provide good grids with variety, as you originally highlighted.

And with the gratest of respect to Zef, the general public can't tell the difference between his GT and your LC apart from the colour.

A further point. IMHO the GTA challenge died out because the drivers got bored with racing the same cars at every event. What makes this one different?