View Single Post
Old 3 Feb 2006, 09:17 (Ref:1514645)   #89
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I will reiterate then.

If say the Jag boys, a couple of Camaros, a Mustang are in Class A then lining up IN THE SAME CLASS is an Mazda rotary Turbo wieghing what 1000kgs but producing similar power the chances are by virtue of its power to weight ratio, superior braking and handling because of its lightweight then the odds are on it is going to win taking class points away from one of the heavyweights.

It is NOT about being beaten overall in the race it is about being BEATEN IN THE CLASS thus taking points away from the guys who by virtue of their large cars and normally asperated engines fall into that class. If the lighter car run in class B and beat the larger cars then so be it thats fair enough and that is what I like about the rules in general as it means I can have a good dice with a BMW or a Lotus Cortina etc but in the knowledge who ever wins the tussle will not take CHAMPIONSHIP points away from the other. But I feel the whole thing is thrown out the window when you allow an anomally like a Turbo Rotary into Class A. I am sure if someone built such a car and it was seen to start running away with it then Class A runners complaints would start as I know some drivers in class A are not too happy with the weights they have to run at anyhow. I personally think as I have stated and particularly as you have a 3500cc class B that cars like Sunbeams, Cossies, Rotarys should be pegged at that class and leave class A for the big normally asperated cars.

You know it takes considerable effort and expense to get a heavyweight car on to the track (ask Jaguar with their Coupe, they could'nt crack it) and they are always crowd pleasers and as such I feel should be allowed to run without lighter cars nibbling away at their drivers points tally and thus ruining their overall Championship chances. You see the same does not appear to happen down the classes especially the tiddler class which is prehaps why you have a championship overall winner from that small class as they have not has any lightweight turbo monsters thrust apon them to steal points. Do you understand where I am going with this? Just maybe there should actually be a MINIMUM weight cars should weigh as stock before they can be concidered a Class A car. That would solve the problem at a stroke.