Thread: Indonesia Round
View Single Post
Old 14 Feb 2006, 01:42 (Ref:1522252)   #24
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley
My only question about the series now, is why do we need pit stops? It's obvious the tyres can last the distance comfortably, and it just breaks up the racing, especially given the number of stuck wheels we've seen. Since the cars can actually race, I'd do away with the stop and just let them get on with it.
Personally I like the pitstops, but I do agree that at the moment it is a little pointless as the tyres can last the distance. However, it does mean that people who start near the back of the grid can make up places during the race, how? By stopping at the end of lap 2 and getting to come back out and run in clean air for example. Personally I would like to see the feature race be a little longer so that the cars would need to be re fuelled during the pitstop which would make things more interesting strategy wise too. Formula Nippon pitstops have re-fuelling going on during their pitstops as well as the tyre changes and it does make the races more interesting. IMO.