View Single Post
Old 20 Feb 2006, 19:13 (Ref:1527256)   #8
Flat Out Farr
Racer

United Kingdom
Great Denham, Bedfordshire
Flat Out Farr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Minicross 424; Chris judge used to have a spaceframed Blue mini that was built around the old monocoque of a F3 car. The side sections of the chassis were from the F3 car. The sapceframe was very well built and it handled really nicely. really needed and engine like the one in Mad Dog's Special saloon, i.e. a 1300 BDH. It originally belonged to a mate of mine in Bexleyheath, that used to work for Sanspeeds, but Steve has since emigrated to warmer climes(lucky so and so). I loved the car and wish I had bought it when I had the chance. Chris had trouble getting to grips with it as it was like a single seater. He used to get better times out of his conventional British Gas Mini that the S/frame. I still have withdrawl symptoms about Minis and will probably succumb to one before I finish competing. Fiestas are fun but can't beat a Mini. Look at Leigh's puple/lime green one in the TRc championship. Also had a Terrapin single seater in the past (1480cc Mini engine and box in the back.Went like hell and over-steered like a rally car, but very good fun)