View Single Post
Old 23 Feb 2006, 15:14 (Ref:1529886)   #5
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Let's put away the politics, and the dislike of people, teams, and series for a bit.

Here is a reality.

The IRL currently has the following teams that have been somewhat competitive; Andretti Green, Fernadez Racing, Ganassi Racing, Marlboro Team Penske, Rahal Letterman.

Then the drivers; Wheldon, Kanaan, Hornish, Franchitti, Sharp, Castroneves, Carpentie, Dixon, Enge, Briscoe...

Champcar's teams; Forsythe, Newman Haas, Ru Sport, PKV and so on....

Then Champcar's drivers; Bourdais, Tracy, Servia, Glock, Wilson, Allmendinger, Tagliani, Dominguez, Da Matta, Ranger, Weirdheim, Junqueira... .and so on...

Just think about all of these teams, and drivers on the same grid, for any race that you can think about. Tell me that isn't something you wouldn't want to see?

This grid at the Glen, or Road America, or Indy... think about that. As a long term fan, who has slowly become less interested, I think this would be great, and I absolutely would consider going to more races again.

Of course the sponsors and manufacturers are pushing/begging for this. Honda doesn't want to be racing against themselves, and with a new chassis coming on line, no series would have any advantage over the other. It just makes perfect sense, and is the perfect time to do so. I hope that all of those people who are passionate about their series, can put aside their feelings, and understand that this is what is best for what they love, and accept the others back. Working together, Open Wheel can really move forward much faster, than in working apart.

While I hold no false hopes that this time it will happen now, I do understand that it has to happen somehow, at some point.. this just can't go on the way it has, someone, or both continue to lose.