View Single Post
Old 8 Mar 2006, 15:12 (Ref:1540360)   #37
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
While I agree that a link to Mountainstar's claim would be nice, that certainly is not the part of his post that got my attention.

I don't know what this series has going for it at this point. It’s probably fair to say that the original goals of the series are not being met anymore. The IRL has not effectively marketed its product during its 10-year run. The upcoming season sees a drastic reduction in the schedule. The series as a whole hardly has any relevance in its home country. Does the premier race even have any relevance anymore? It wouldn’t surprise me if the 400 mile race at the Brickyard will soon surpass the 500 mile race (if it hasn’t already).

Perhaps the IRL will see a very competitive season this year due to the one engine formula. That surely is a positive. But will anyone be watching?

Neither series holds any interest for me at this stage. A merger might get me interested again. Maybe…