View Single Post
Old 21 Dec 2005, 06:35 (Ref:1544268)   #89
Al Murray
Rookie

United States
Monroe, Wa. USA
Al Murray should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bt21

Hi, While searching Goggle I came across this thread and would like to join in as I just purchased a Brabham BT21 AM 177, no tag. I would like to find out what the history is on this car and a possible chassis number. I picked up this car in Los Angeles last Wednesday and headed directly to Wayne Mitchell's for a quick lookover. The fellow I purchased the car from, purchased this car from someone in Riverside, Ca. That is all I know at this time. The car suppposedly has been in storage for over 30 years still on Firestone Supersports. Tim Osborne (BT21-9 AM175) was up to my shop on Sunday and gave me all of his research material. Interesting that my car, Tim's and another car from LA, BT-21A-7, AM227 (race-cars.com,archive) all have the same roll bar conversion. My car has the Wayne Mitchell front upper link/trailing arm (BT-23) conversion. The original wobblies are 8" front and 9"rear. F-3 Girlings all around. Everything else is basic BT21. No motor or gear box. I plan on a Lotus twincam and Mk8 hewland which I already have. Any help would be appreciated. I thought I was coming up with some info till I found this thread. I am amazed at the depth of information you guys possess. I have already been in correspondence with Allen Brown concerning my 67 Eisert - Harrison Special Indy Car. I started Vintage racing 10 years ago in a Elden PH10 Boat tail. I recently have been driving a Macon MR7B Formula Ford. With a bit of luck, I hope to have the Brabham ready for this racing season. Again thanks for any help you might be able to share. Is there a possibility that with Tim's BT21-9, AM 175 and my AM177, that my car could be BT21-11, Kurt Ahren's car?

Thanks, AL