View Single Post
Old 14 Mar 2006, 14:04 (Ref:1548019)   #1
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Bahrain: some fastest laps little stat

FLs in Bahrain was a bit surprising IMO because Williams were faster than any other team in peak perfomance. It was not what I expected seeing their qualifies and thier global race form.

In terms of pure pace they were clearly among the best four teams. Looking a bit more at consistency, taking the best 3rd lap, Williams is still in a very good position but a bit worse.

Ordered by FL:
Code:
Ranking   FL 3FL
Ros  WIL  1   1
Msc  FER  2   2
Alo  REN  3   3
Web  WIL  4   7
But  HON  5   5
Mas  FER  6   4
Mon  MAC  7   6
Rai  MAC  8   8
Ordered by 3rd FL
Code:
Ranking   FL 3FL
Ros  WIL  1   1
Msc  FER  2   2
Alo  REN  3   3
Mas  FER  6   4
But  HON  5   5
Mon  MCL  7   6
Web  WIL  4   7
Rai  MCL  8   8
Ferrari has been the most consistent, Williams is arguably second and McLaren 3rd, even with JPM's apparent engine maladies. Renault suffered because of GF's problems but they are probably there with Ferrari and Williams in terms of pace.

Button did well, as customary, but RB was a lot lower in terms of FLs rankings. Maybe Honda, all in all, is at about same level as Macs.

I thought KR's race was a marvel, getting a podium, but looking at his overall trayectory of FLs, I'm not so much impressed: it was a good work from a great driver but not particularly better perfomace than others. Even if you have to overtake a lot of people you find a handful of laps to show some speed in FLs.

It shows me that Macs are at the moment a bit behind FER and REN (maybe including WIL) and right there with HON in race pace. Let's hope KR and JPM have a good car to enjoy a brilliant WDC this season.

It's just the first GP, but some patterns are always present form day one in F1, and others are just fluke. In a very short time we will have Sepang and we will see how it settles there.