View Single Post
Old 23 Mar 2006, 11:58 (Ref:1558451)   #1
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
00 XR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Money Grabbing Madness

It seems you are not allowed to bring bottles of water to the Adelaide circuit from home this year, as it, and I quote from the bag-checking guy on the gate "might not be water".

This is absolutely disgusting IMO. I will not pay $3.50 for a warm bottle of water at the track when it comes out of the sky (and into the rain water tank) for free at home, where it can be frozen and later enjoyed cold.

Water can be brough in if the bottle is sealed, which means it has to be bought specifically to bring into the track. Ridiculous. Being allowed to drink ones own water when it is 34 degrees I would have thought would be pretty close to a human right!

Not a pleasing way to start the weekend at all.

Later going to watch the Porsches leave their paddock area, I found myself locked between a garage door and a gate! This was also not a plesant part of the day.

At no time did I leave the grounds of the circuit or cross any sort of marking saying don't go here, and I find myself locked into a small area, where I had to then convince the secuirity guard to let me out onto the public street, and out of captivity! It was lucky that this particulary gaurd was so helpful, as he had to esort me back again into the circuit (as my pass was hole-punched)! A baffling and utter confusing experience, as I was just following the cars along and then all of a sudden the garage door I went in through was shut and locked, the Porsches dissapeared and I was trapped!

All I wanted to do was drink my water and watch some race cars!
“Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. What you have to do is you have to say look; the fact of the matter is that I’m red hot, that Todd Kelly is a ******, I have always thought he was, and I was just mowing him down based on ability”. – Neil Crompton talking to Jamie Whincup, post Bathurst 2005.