View Single Post
Old 29 Mar 2006, 11:58 (Ref:1564129)   #101
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Bob Pearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was very windy, any times would have been pretty meaningless. It was certainly a long drag up the start and finish into the wind, in fact on one occasion in the afternoon, when I guess the wind blew even more than normal I was still in 4th when I got to Riches. In short, you didn't miss much. The amusing thing was seeing how little, compared with us the wind on the start and finish affected the formula fords which were out with us. It was a bit embarassing at times.
The Renault sport "heavy gang" were going through the twin cams telling anyone with repairs in their nose cones that they had to part with a grand to R Sport for a new one. As you can imagine, that didn't go down too well.
Oh yes, just for good measure, in the afternoon at times there was a sand storm blowing across the track between Riches and Sears.
Ian was 2 seconds off his lap record, given the circumstances I thought that was a pretty good effort. I didn't even bother to turn the lap timer on till the last session, and that was promptly followed by Andy Webb, ( now minus an engine) oiling half the circuit, so that was the end of that!