View Single Post
Old 18 May 2006, 09:18 (Ref:1613259)   #58
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
I think Ian makes a good point here. Yes there are some good general rules to follow. Yes, most times it's better to kill the electrics. Yes, it's a good idea to have a bottle as close to hand as possible.

There is a but though. If we browbeat each other as colleagues to follow an inflexable regimen of proceedure, we discourage ourselves from thinking situations through properly. I've experienced it so many times that marshals with much more experience than me have been so intent on proving their point, that they've discouraged me from actually doing anything for fear of being browbeaten.

All of the worst mistakes I've ever made on the bank we're caused by following habit, and letting myself get rushed into a rash action that wasn't thought through properly.