Thread: Fuel improvers
View Single Post
Old 29 May 2006, 00:22 (Ref:1621560)   #3
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
I've come across that before. It is a surprise that manufacturers don't fit this as standard. Although I have heard that cable tying some witch hazel to your fuel pump has a similar effect.

Excuse me.
Nicely stated.

To be blunt, it is impossible to impart any significant form of additional energy into motor fuel as used in road cars. It is also impossible to improve the breathing/turbulence of the mixture by impeding the flow with any type of device.

If you are looking to reduce fuel consumption be aware assuming a properly tuned car with appropriate air pressure in the tires (tyres) and correctly alligned wheels/suspension that driving habits have more effect than anything else.

One could of course slow down (Boo, hiss, FEH!), plan trips to combine stops, or just buy fuel when you pass an appropritely priced forecourt and not spend a lot of time & miles searching for a bargain.