View Single Post
Old 5 Jun 2006, 07:31 (Ref:1627339)   #7
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What a great, crazy race! Congrats to Scott Dixon on picking up his second straight win at one of the best real race tracks in the world.

The high number of yellows was annoying, but at the same time I expected a lot of them when it became clear what sort of conditions they would be racing in, and the race wasn't all that different from quite a few late 90's Champ Car races in the wet.

I could live with the number of yellows though, seeing how truly great the racing was at times, with drivers dicing for position - and actually overtaking each other! - and racing side by side despite the tricky conditions. Some of the moves they pulled out there had me right on the edge of my seat, and especially quite a few pulled by one driver in particular...

...namely Marco Andretti! Wow, what can you say - he just drove an awesome race, and if Eddie Cheever hadn't taken him out I think he could have won it. How he kept his car on the track at times is beyond me, and it was great seeing him being right on the edge several times over.

Another driver that impressed me a lot was Vitor Meira, and he drove a solid race.

The race wasn't all good, of course - the high number of yellows, as mentioned, was annoying, and I always hate to see a time-limited event (although the IRL should get credit for making sure it ended under green though).

All in all, however, I think it was a great, crazy race, and IF we ever see a merger, it should be a federal offense to not include the 'Glen on a unified schedule.