View Single Post
Old 27 Jun 2006, 21:55 (Ref:1642993)   #302
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes it's all been a bit tiring.

I think the hold up is trying to find a way for mr. george to exit with "honor".

Much of what is being discussed I am certain is being held from the public. But if negotiations break down and it becomes readily apparent that a certain person is obstructing the peace process, that might be the breaking point. I think a lot of fans, honda, Ford, sponsors, promoters, drivers, teams, mechanics, everyone is just about sick of it. In years past I don't believe the urgency was there to do anything because plenty of people were sucking on the teat of engine dollars and big paying sponsors. That's all gone now.

As they say, people vote with their feet and if a good deal doesn't happen this time, I think you'll see a mass defection over to champcar. Champcar at least has a cost effective, fan friendly future, the irl has a condensed schedule, an old expensive car and all the big dollars are gone.

Watch people actions, not necessarily what they say. Honda's Clarke and Rahal have been spending more time in the champcar paddock than the other series. Now why would they do that? Also, I heard somewhere Hemelgarn went out and bought 2 silver crown cars and put their other junk up for sale. That's not a ringing endorsement of the irl for sure.

The 'vision' is over and in fact it never really existed in any substance. Once certain people realize all the 'vision' was just a clumsy power, money and control grab and that the split didn't serve anyones interest at all, the sooner those people will push for a solution.

Where's gene simmons when you need him?