View Single Post
Old 9 Jul 2006, 07:41 (Ref:1651158)   #6
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I was there racing for the first time several weeks ago and I thought the place impressive but a bit souless, quite the opposite to Brands which has a certain buzz about it. A real case of missed oppertunities and as Barrett Homes are now a major share holder in the complex and have also applied for planning permission to build 5000 homes nearby and have their own (I believe) sound men monitoring the track I think a change of use application to raise the place to the ground and build residentual homes is imminent.

I personally feel this has been a long term aim as I was told a tale only the other day when discussing this subject of planning permission, a guy I know was on a building site for 6 months work building a new staff canteen, on completion/handover day he thought that was it look for a new employment tomorrow. But no, the foreman told all the crew to report back the following day where they proceeded to rip the whole thing down and rebuild it as officies as change of use application had been approved but they would not have been able to build offices directly on the plot but a peoples canteen was fine.

It is all about planning permission IMHO, go in on the pretext of offering something to the local population to get the council on board then apply for change of use a few years down the line, it sucks!