View Single Post
Old 3 Aug 2006, 15:55 (Ref:1672243)   #41
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wires a bit crossed here. When i said " only allow manufacturers to enter " etc..., i didn't mean "allow ONLY manufacturers to enter ". Privateers, ( the backbone of sportscar racing ) can enter any / all events, but manufacturers are limited to the world championship events. Its all very hypothetical, as it will NEVER happen. Just for instance, Dyson could enter Sebring , Petit, and all other ALMS races as they do now, but would also be free to enter LM24, Spa, Silv etc, budget permitting, but Audi could ONLY enter Sebring, Petit, LM24, Spa, Silverstone + Japan. So Dyson could compete for the overall ALMS title, and also the World title if they wanted, but Audi could only go for the World Title. I think you would find that ALMS would attract more privateers back from Grand-Am if the teams only went up against the factories twice a year, and the rest of the year competed on a more level playing field. Likewise LMS in europe. Pescarolo / Zytek / Courage etc could go for the title free of factory involvement ( pretty much as now ) but could venture to the states for sebring / petit if they so wished. Hope thats clearer.