View Single Post
Old 14 Aug 2006, 10:59 (Ref:1682011)   #180
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, to that last sentence Adam, I'm just going to repeat my earlier post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
Guys, 2 reasons, I believe:-

1) The vastly greater number of races and championships that take place now - something my eldest son pointed out when I mentioned the greater length and detail of Autosport race reports in earlier times. It would require a greatly increased number of pages at increased cost to issue and for us to buy. Impractical and probably almost impossible for a weekly with deadlines!

2) More cynically, may I suggest, reader's attention span. With everything electronic and 'instant' these days, most people, unless they are anoraks like us, just want headline stuff, not the detail, so that they can quickly move onto the next piece of news or activity that influences their own busy lives. Sad but true, I think!