View Single Post
Old 16 Aug 2006, 10:33 (Ref:1684024)   #257
Doug Hart
Rookie

Doug Hart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
f2 uprights are kicking around and the tooling already exists
I could not find any .. so we went ahead .. yr old man called me when yr Bro stuffed the car last year moaned that they where mag and the car as alloy !! ..
The uprights are mag of course.. one broke and sent him off into the barriers on the cars debut.

2 sounds like ROY LANE WOULD HAVE HAD TEE LAMARRE MARCH HE IS WHAT 6O MILES AWAY FROM ROGERS PLACE.. DID HE HAVE 74 AND 75S CARS
His son told me they had a 75S in 75 .. Roy has links with MArch as he ran that 6 wheel thing on the hills for a while .. is that the 6 wheel f1 car that had 2 wheel drive!!
It had four wheel rear drive (unlike the scalectrix version ) .. I saw him warn the tyres up when I was 10 ..

3 USA CAR -PREP MAN OWES ME $$ SO I WILL ASK HIM FOR INFO ON THE CAR ALSO THE OLD BOBBY BROWN /JOHN LEPP CAR IS IN USA STILL
IF IT WAS THAT CAR IM SURE HE WOULD STATE THAT IN HIS FOR SALE AD

It is not the bobby brown car that I have seen.. it is Blue without the double bubble cockpit area..i think 75s was double bubble 76s was 1 larger bubble

No all 75 and 76 cars had double bubbles .. I have a Japanese Mazda engined car and of course the DFV car from 76 also had double bubbles.

4 SO YOU HAD 74S CAR BACK IN 93 ISH? AND 1 75S OR HAVE U MISLEAD ME HERE? WHO DID U SELL THEM TO AND WHEN

We had one 74S .. bought in around 92/93, raced and sold in 1995/6 when we also sold our Lola T212 (Now with Bob Brooks) yes i know the car.. My Father canny remember who he sold it to and no idea if it was ever raced again was it dave shelton did it have bdg fitted? if so its the portuguese car i cant find the email with the tag# so i will ask him im sure he said twas 11 (maybe 13?)
Yep we had a BDG in the 74S .. from Richardson. could be the same one.

I have a 75S now (my first personally owned historic), as does my brother.. i thought 1 of u had a 74s0 i dont care how many 75s cars u have they are still uglier than my pitbull terrier chewing a wasp - i am surprised at the march cars not being around like chevrons and lolas as they built 13 73s 20? 74s 9 75s cars??

The 74s is the ugly one, looks like a beached whale from most angles, Why were they all rebodied by buying March 75S upgrades and why did the Japanese speed heads in 77 and 78 rebodie them as they saw fit ? taste ? I think so
I think Allen is correct re a lot of 74S cars going to Japan, there one for sale last year in Japan with the March moby dick body, and there are otehrs out there.. No 75S cars went to Japan I was told .. but most likely a few body kits went out as everybody tried to get their 74S cars to go down the straights.. The mooncraft ones are lovely looking cars, central seating always looks better that is for sure.

Allen is correct with his numbers, I spoke to Mr Lawrence and he told me he had all the records from the factory to do that book .. He gave them back and they were actually thrown away by the cleaning lady at March.. There are 75s cars, mine was the last sold in June 1975 to an Italian team (trivaletto or something like that) and driven by one Cosimo Turizio by Nov that year .. My bros is the Pilette MRS hillclimb car delivered in Feb 75 to France.