View Single Post
Old 13 Sep 2006, 20:56 (Ref:1709794)   #6
Gadget-Guy
Rookie

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes.UK.
Gadget-Guy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can pick up Canon 20D for half the original retail price now days and as said before the 350D is a bargain now they have released the 400D only thing is i believe from what i have read in other forums the auto focus on the 20D is slightly better than the 350 but i have no experience of this as i started out with a 20D and then upgraded to a 1D so have never used the 350.As for lenses i think most people will agree you get what you pay for regardless of make but the Sigma lenses are great value for money and the picture quality is good aswell.

Had a Minolta 7D as my first SLR digital camera and was well chuffed with it and also had a Vivitar Series 1 70-200mm f2.8 lens which was the same as the Sigma version but re-badged and about £150 cheaper and the great thing with the 7D is the image stabilizer is built into the camera rather than the lens as on Canons so no matter what lens you buy it will have image stabilisation.

There are loads of lenses available costing up to thousands of pounds but i had good results when i first started out with the Sigma 50-500 also known as the Bigma but it needs a lot of light to be good i sold mine for £500 also another favourite is the Canon 100-400 but i think these hold there price a bit.

Last edited by Gadget-Guy; 13 Sep 2006 at 20:59.