View Single Post
Old 14 Jun 2000, 15:59 (Ref:17239)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I've just finished watching the race as well KC..and I too believe it was a pretty silly thing to be doing when your a good chance for the championship but it was a case of 50/50 in my book ..both hard chargers and didnt want to give the other guy an inch and they paid the price...rice was lucky not to flip in this shunt. Basso stayed back quietly and picked up the spoils and he seemed pretty happy about it as well.

another point i noticed there was a new driver making his debut at Milwaukee by the name of Akahiro asi (sp)..most of the aussie visitors will know who he is but for those who dont he is obviously Japanese and raced in a junior class in Japan (I believe called formula 4 ) before he moved over here to Australia to drive in Formula Holden (Oz F3000) ..he was reasonably quick in his 2 year stint here but always seemed to fall off the track quite a bit and never quite lived up to expectations..but only 2 weeks ago i was wondering what had happened to him and now here he is popping up in the Formula atlantic series.

carnt wait to see these things on the Canadian GP track which is their next race.