View Single Post
Old 5 Oct 2006, 15:24 (Ref:1728933)   #61
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Y
You don't know that for sure. I've known a couple of women competing in motorsport, and everytime they mention they're involved in motorsport to someone, they get the answer "Oh, you mean you're a pitbabe?"

The stereotypical male sees women in motorsport as 'eye candy' and nothing more. If the sport wants to attract more women, then this sort of thing does it no favours.

In my humble
Well we'll have to agree to differ. Me being a woman in motorsport and all. Ok no-one is ever going to mistake me for a pitbabe - or any kind of babe - but these days I work with just as many female marshals as men - occasionally more. Some of them are attractive too. I've even seen some of them wearing skimpy vest tops in the summer - the hussies. Doesn't seem to stop them being taken seriously when someone's car is on fire though (although I'll admit that the overalls will be up when approaching the fire!)

With regard to racing, well that's got nothing to do with photographs - that's to do with attitude and you'll find it as prevalent here as anywhere. It seems to show up in every thread we have to do with women racers. Mention that there should be a woman formula 1 driver around here and see what happens.

IME the kind of people who will treat women as objects and/or inferior will do so regardless. The field of interest is irrelevant.